Monday, October 6, 2008

This is pretty cool.

This little ESPN page has a list of MLB players' walk-up music. My favorite is Tejada's choice (I hope it's his choice anyways, and not some cruel joke by the MMPUS staff) of Toby Keith's "(I Ain't) As Good As I Once Was." Somebody told me that this was his new walk-up music around late July, and I really couldn't believe it. Remarkably self-effacing.

Kazuo Matsui's song is some DDR song. Stereotypical, but somewhat surprising.

Berkman's choices are an interesting mix of the expected and surprising. What you might expect: Ted Nugent and some Christian rock song. Not really surprising: Godsmack, Motley Crue. WTF?: Nickelback's "Animals." Christ, I hate Nickelback. As I once said to a friend, they lack poise.

I really think that Carlos Lee should have a mariachi band play his entrances. That would be sweet.

No comments: