Monday, September 29, 2008

Hilarity and Madden 2009

I got Madden '09 this week. A few things:

1) It seems to be fucking impossible to get a sack in this game. Any time I get within grabbin' distance of the opposing pansy, he gets a magical pass off to his chosen WR. Gets my blood a-boilin'.

2) Running is a bitch.

3) Goddamn, but the corners in this game are fast. Can't pass into any coverage at all, lest I get picked off.

4) I really love the Battle Red uniforms (sans the red pants, of course).

I played a franchise season as the Texans. I just simmed through the regular season. Amazingly, the Texans went 10-6, making a wild card berth. Won the wild card against the Chargers, then I took on the Colts. The AFC Championship was between the Texans and the Patriots, in what was a truly epic passing battle in the middle of a fucking thunderstorm. My opponents for the Super Bowl? The motherfucking Cowboys.

Haven't played that one yet. Promises to be pretty cool.

Here's the funny thing about the Madden simmed playoffs. The teams that made it to the quarter-finals:

AFC:
Texans (of course)
Colts
Patriots
Steelers

NFC (here's where it gets good):
Cowboys (fine)
49ers (huh?)
Saints (maybe, I guess)
Lions (wat?)

And they say that the NFC is the stronger conference. Yeah, right.

No comments: