Sunday, September 28, 2008

I can't believe people actually come to this blog

I don't link to anybody (and, conversely, am linked to by nobody). I list it only on the two or three profiles I have out there on the internet (Fark, facebook, SBN). Frankly, I'm surprised anybody comes across this damn thing.

So I find it really interesting that people do find this site. And, thanks to that little counter thing at the bottom of the page, I can see how many people come here, where their ISP is, and where they came from.

My favorite recent activity was some fellow in Merry Old England, who reached this site by way of AOL (I thought that was America On Line, and I thought it went out of business). He was searching for "Choke farm & invocation." I really have no idea what the hell that's about. But he found my post about the state of the Astros farm system. Looking at the little blerb that pops up in search listings for that post, I really wonder why he clicked on that. I like to think that maybe he saw my cool picture of Hunter Pence and Mark Loretta sliding into Luis Chavez and thought, "Gee, that Yank game sure seems like jolly good fun! I shall, from now on, endeavour to learn more about it, and I shall make these "Astros" of Grand Old Texas my favourite team!" Or maybe he saw my nonsensical ramblings and liberal use of the word "fuck" and decided that the British stereotypes of America are largely correct.

I even saw that some dude from Tulane was poking around here. It could have been me, but I've got some cookie that should prevent that sort of thing from happening.

I like this one from today: Some dude in Houston did a Google search for "the texans are fucking awful," which apparently lists Choke City as the top result. Again, I'd like to think my use of "fuck" helped out a bit. So he got my recent post about Gary Kubiak's inability to call time-out. I'd like to remind this visitor that, while today's loss was tragic and depressing, everything (except Kubiak's complete and total fucking blunder and the defense's inability in the 2nd half to tackle) was pretty good. Steve Slaton and Matt Schaub give reason for hope. And the Rockets' training camp starts this week (I think), so soon T-Mac, Yao, and the Tru Warier will take our minds off of the Texans' utter suckage, just as the Dream, Pigpen, and Bags took our minds off of the Oilers in the mid 1990's. Everything comes full circle.

No comments: